Saturday, November 30, 2013

T- Minus 7 Days

Departure is nearing closer and with that means crunch time.

I'm working the next six days between departure trying to gain as much extra money as I can. My train leaves Charlotte at 2:45am and gets to Atlanta around 8:30am. The only downfall of working non-stop is losing out on some conditioning, but that won't be a problem once I get going.

Today I went over my gear again and cut out a few things;

-My ENO bugnet which I figured as its in the colder months the bugs will not be as prevalent
-My water purifier; which was 1lb.  I am switching to water droplets.
-I also took out the pot lid to my cookware.

With these things being cut out, I re-weighed my pack with full 2L Camelbak, film equipment, and all my other Gear plus some extra clothing and the total weight came out to 19.8 lbs.
 
A few other things I've gotten done in the past week are add a GoPro mount to my Subsonic GT 40 to allow for some neat shots on my journey.

Skate sail- In progress 

Also, with the help of my mom, we are getting my skate sail, that will function as a brake as well hold my gear under the hammock at night. We are making this from an old tent. #reduce #reuse #recycle

The last things I have to do is visit the local skate shop Wallerbears for some fresh bearings, and wheels.

As always stay tuned, as the adventure is nearly upon us!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Drew, check those Guinness regulations; the last I checked, you can't use a sail for propulsion (aided by the wind). There is no mention of using a sail for braking though, so that shouldn't be a problem. Rules might have changed, but something to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob, my only intentions for it are to use it as a break just to save my shoes a little. T-minus 4 days

    ReplyDelete